Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hello, everyone!! My name is Michael Salazar and this my blog for my American Cultural History 314 course. Usually people like to refer to me as mike, but it doesn’t really matter I go by mike or Michael that is fine by me. I was born and raised in a small town called Nogales, Arizona it’s close to the border of Mexico. I lived half of my life in that town before I moved to Chandler, Arizona. I’m currently majoring in Communication and with a minor in Business. This is my third year here at ASU. I have many goals that I want to accomplish in my life. First I want to gather the remaining credits I need to graduate from the university. Also to finish off strong this semester to reach my goal of at least approaching a 3.5 G.P.A. Last to find a job that fits my career.

The one place I believe everyone should go is Hermosillo, Mexico. I went on vacation with my family for two months there. The beach there is really nice and there is many tourist attractions. They have some amazing food there, and if you love to eat I definitely recommend you to visit there. I really enjoyed all the time I spent there and learned so much from the people I met there. My next voyage to take would be to go to Paris, France, because I’ve always wanted to go there since I was little. I feel that it would be an excellent adventure for me and also to see all the attractions they have to offer would be very exciting. Especially if I went with some very close friends of mine there than it could be an amazing experience.

What I feel is the most defining characteristic of American culture is the creation of the internet. It allows to communicate with our friends, family, and professors from school. Who would’ve of thought that technology has grown so much over the past two decades of the internet’s existence. Were able to talk to several of people who live from far distances from our own computers, and by email. Social Media has played a big part in our lives and we keep up to date of our friend’s updates. Most of our parents didn’t even have the type of technology that we have today that has revolutionized how the world revolves around others.

No comments:

Post a Comment